Cosina has continued to adapt old optical traditions to modern digital cameras, with the Voigtländer 40mm F/1.2 Aspherical lens being the first Nokton lens for full-frame Nikon Z cameras.
The Nokton series saw the light of day in the Voigtländer line in the 1950s and opened a line of lenses faster than f/1.5.
Cosina claims that the Voigtlander Nokton 40mm f/1.2 lens was designed exclusively for the Z-mount. It can be used with both FF and APS-C cameras.
The optical design of this lens has nine elements in six groups, including two double-sided aspherical lenses. Ten-bladed diaphragm. The optical design is optimized for the sensor system Nikon Z. Voigtlander Nokton 40mm f / 1.2 Aspherical is equipped with a chip for communication with the camera. It allows you to record EXIF data, as well as use the image stabilizer built into the camera.
Main technical characteristics of the Voigtlander Nokton 40mm f/1.2 Aspherical lens:
• Focal length 40mm (60mm for APS-C)
• Sensor format: full frame
• Value range: F1.2-F22
• Optical design consists of: 8 elements in 6 groups
• Viewing angle: 54.8°
• Aperture: 10-blade
• Minimum shooting distance: 30cm
• Maximum magnification: 1:4.9
• Special hood: yes
• Focus ring: yes
• Aperture control ring: yes
• Focus assist function: by changing the color of the focus frame
• Focusing with peaking function and using the zoom button: yes
• Dimensions: Ø67.7 x 53.9 mm
• Filter thread diameter: 58 mm
• Weight: 315 g
The Voigtländer Nokton 40mm F/1.2 Aspherical is reported to have a suggested retail price of 115,500 yen and will ship to customers in October 2022.
Cosina shows some shots taken with the Voigtlander Nokton 40mm f/1.2 Aspherical lens