Tamron has announced the development of a versatile Tamron 50-400mm f/4.5-6.3 Di III VC VXD ultra-telephoto zoom lens (Model A067) for Sony E-mount full-frame mirrorless cameras. The 8x zoom lens is expected to be available in fall 2022, but the company notes that «due to the current global health crisis, the release date or delivery schedule of the product may change.»
Main technical characteristics Tamron 50-400mm f/4.5-6.3 Di III VC VXD ;
• extended focal length range – from standard 50 mm to long-focus 400 mm (zoom multiplicity 8x)
• consistently high image quality throughout the zoom range
• VXD drive provides high-speed and high-precision autofocus
• equipped with TAMRON’s proprietary VC image stabilization system
• extended operational and universal characteristics
• port for the TAMRON Lens Utility
• a focus distance limiter has been added to the TAMRON Lens Utility.3) Fast zooming (the arc of rotation of the zoom ring is only 75°)
• additional tripod mount (compatible with Arca-Swiss)
• ultra-compact (length 183.4 mm, weight 1155 g)
• macro photography with a magnification factor of 1:2 at a focal length of 50 mm
• new case design: improved texture and scratch resistance
• the filter size is 67 mm, the same as most other TAMRON lenses for mirrorless cameras.
The exact release date of the novelty and the price are still unknown.