Canon has introduced the EOS R5 C. This full-frame mirrorless camera is an upgraded version of the Canon EOS R5. The body of the Canon EOS R5 C camera differs from the Canon EOS R5 camera in that it has an active cooling system in the form of a fan, due to which the thickness of the device has noticeably increased. The camera does not have built-in 5-axis stabilization (IBIS), but there is electronic image stabilization.
According to the manufacturer, this is the first camera in the Cinema EOS family that supports internal video recording in 8K RAW format at 30 fps. When working from an external power source, the frame rate rises to 60 fps. The built-in active cooling system allows you to shoot at 8K resolution for several hours in a row. Capable of shooting 4K video at frame rates up to 120 fps. The manufacturer also notes that the Canon EOS R5 C camera has two separate photo and video user interfaces that display the interfaces of the EOS R and Cinema EOS systems.
Preorder Canon EOS R5 C on Adorama & B&H.
Specifications Canon EOS R5 C:
• matrix with a resolution of 45 megapixels
• Burst speed of photos 20 fps. with electronic shutter and 12 fps. mechanical shutter
• electronic image stabilization
• Autofocus system Dual Pixel CMOS AF provides autofocus on the eyes, recognition of objects in the frame and tracking them
• support for internal recording RAW or Cinema RAW Light 8K 60fps.
• 8K HDR recording (PQ/HLG)
• HDMI 8K RAW output
• Internal cooling fan ensures continuous 8K video recording at 60fps.
• Video recording from 8K sensor with DIGIC X processor with 4K and 2K oversampling
• XF-AVC and MP4 codecs for 10-bit 4:2:2 video
• up to 4K 120fps slow and fast recording in 4:2:2 10-bit format
• shooting in HEIF format with a color depth of 10 bits is possible
• shooting in HDR with PQ and HLG transcoding, as well as using Canon Log 3 gamma
• recording media: CFexpress slot — Type B; SD card — UHS-II
• weight 680g.
Sample photos taken with the Canon EOS R5 C
(Photos from canon)