Sigma has introduced the Sigma 20mm F/2 DG DN / Contemporary lens for Sony E/FE and Leica L mount full-frame mirrorless cameras. This lens has a metal body, a magnetic cover and a diaphragm control ring. The Sigma 20mm F/2 DG DN / Contemporary lens with a maximum aperture of f/2 and a wide field of view is suitable for landscapes, astrophotography and interiors. According to the manufacturer, the small size and support for conventional 62mm filters make the Sigma 20mm F/2 DG DN / Contemporary lens ideal for handheld vlogging and video streaming.
Main technical characteristics of Sigma 20mm F/2 DG DN / Contemporary:
• focal length: 20 mm
• angle of view: 94.5°
• Aperture: f/2.0–f/22
• optical design: 13 elements in 11 groups, including an FLD element, 2 aspherical elements and an SLD element
• number of aperture blades: 9 rounded
• minimum focusing distance: 0.22 m
• maximum magnification: 0.15x
• filter installation diameter: 62 mm
• diameter: 70 mm
• length: 72 mm
• weight: 370 g.
Sales should begin on February 25 for approximately $700, but the first video reviews of the Sigma 20mm F/2 DG DN / Contemporary lens have already appeared. You can now pre-order at B&H.